I can’t figure out what I want to write about today. And so, I’ll make a numbered list. Because this is how my brain organizes things:
1. It’s a sunny day in the neighborhood. A beautiful day in the beautywood. Seriously, the weather today is proof that God loves us.
2. I forgot my credit card at home yesterday and this led to a series of “Doh!” moments. First, at Starbucks after I ordered a morning latte. Second, at Chick-fil-A after I ordered a sandwich for lunch. And third, at the grocery store after I unloaded a full basket of Valentine’s Dinner wonderfulness onto the conveyer belt – ONLY to realize that, for the third time that day, I didn’t have my credit card. Sigh.
3. And so we had Pizza Hut and beer for Valentine’s Day dinner. And it was good.
4. And we watched The Bachelor. And Matt pretended not to like it.
5. Did you know that you can go to Twitter.com and enter random phrases into the search bar and see what people are saying about that specific word? (Welcome to the 2000’s, Lauren.)
For instance, I entered “toothpaste,” and these Tweets came up:
“I put my toothpaste on my toothbrush before I wet the toothbrush.”
“TOOTHPASTE IN THE EYEEEEEE.”
“I love my toothpaste.”
Fun game, huh?
Or what about… belly button?
“Is excessive belly–button lint a common thing, or is it just me?”
“Why is belly button fluff always blue?”
Or how ’bout an obscure person, like… Little Debbie?
“Why does Little Debbie get her own section of the supermarket? Does she think she’s that much better than Hostess?”
“I Want A Little Debbie Honey Bun With Peanut Butter On It.”
Other than this little game here, I haven’t found much use for Twitter yet.
6. It’s hard to find time to exercise, but I’m attempting to jump on the treadmill as soon as I get home. I figure 30 minutes of get-in-shape-mommy-time is good for the whole family.
7. I’m thinking of giving up TV for Lent, but this falls right in the middle of American Idol season – and that’s going to mess up participating in my Father-in-law’s American Idol bracket. There are a lot of tough decisions in life, my friends.
8. I just found out that next Monday is a no-work holiday. It’s like the opposite of realizing, for the third time in one day, you left your credit card at home. I like happy surprises.
That’s all for now. Happy Tuesday!