*Note: See all my “Sweet Saturday” posts here.
For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved Peanut Butter Blossom cookies. There’s just something about a soft, sugar-sprinkled, peanut butter cookie with a half-melted Hershey’s kiss in the middle. I haven’t found a good recipe for them in awhile – and until today, I haven’t had a good one on file. Past recipes have resulted in blah cookies that aren’t soft or fluffy enough. Or the flavor was too bland or not peanut buttery enough for my taste. But I’ve finally doctored one to my liking.
I think you’ll like it, too.
Here’s my Sweet Saturday Peanut Butter Blossom recipe:
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
Heaping 3/4 cup of JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Bowl of sugar (for rolling dough)
24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Stir together flour and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
4. Shape into 2-inch balls. Roll in sugar and don’t be stingy. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 9 minutes and check on them. If any part of the cookie is slightly light brown, remove from oven.
6. Top each cookie immediately with an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.
7. Enjoy with cold milk in a fancy glass. The fancy glass part is important.