I feel like I’ve been a boring blogger this week.
Like when you’re reading my blog, you’re like, “Oh ma gah, this is soooo boring.”
It’s simply been a busy week — without a lot of “aha” moments that compel me to go on some inspirational rant about life, love and the meaning of it all.
Work is busy. Home is busy. And an overly busy brain is often void of original thought.
However, I like that you read my blog and give me a reason to write, so I will try my best to mutter something of substance today:
1. Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies (the one you make with the refrigerated dough) are really good. I can’t figure out why they are so good. But one day I will figure it out. Oh yes, I will determine the secret ingredient.
2. The woman at the Hawaiian Nail Bar yelled at me for having bad cuticles. She kept shaking her head and muttering to herself in a different language and repeating, “Vaseline! Put on Vaseline!” Greasy fingertips are not for me, thank you very much.
3. I ate too many cookies last night. Leave me alone about it.
4. I’ve run 8 of the last 9 days. Just think of that when you read #3 again with a scolding look on your face. Sometimes I punch the air when I run — like a mixture of Tae Bo and jogging. But I make sure nobody is around.
5. My Mother-in-law made this really great Pesto sauce last night out of my fresh basil plant that I had to put outside because it had ants in it. The plant, not the Pesto. I probably could’ve reworded that sentence to make it more understandable.
6. I want to learn to like watching sports more. Do you like to watch sports? Teach me how.
Have a wonderful day, soon I will be back with heartfelt something or others, but for today: this shall do.